3.12.2009

RECIPOSITORY: What do you think?

Earlier on this year, I had rather interesting idea on how to combine my two passions, computer science, and cooking! I think I came up with the perfect idea. I will make a computer I have to feed!

No, I'm only joking, that's not my idea. My real idea is to create a web application where users can create an account and browse multitudes of recipes. A repository of recipes. Recipository!

That's been done before, so whats so unique about this idea? The main feature list is the following:
  • Ability to schedule any type of meal by day in a calendar-like interface. You can add any number of meals to a day, but typical ones are breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack thrown in for good measure.
  • The system will AUTOMATICALLY generate a grocery shopping list of all the stuff you need for your meal "schedule". This list can be printed in the order things appear in your local grocery store! Talk about streamlined!
  • If you're the kind who likes to eat healthy, you can enter a target amount of calories or have your meals selected from certain "health" categories.
  • If you're the budget oriented type, you can select a minimum and maximum amount of coin to spend in the grocery trip and it will automatically find you cheaper alternatives to some ingredients and meals.
  • If you just want to click-n-go, you can have the system select from pre-defined groups, or your own presets.
  • Integration with online grocery shopping. Click and go TO THE EXTREME.
  • ... and so much more!
The whole idea was birthed from my laziness to figure out what to make. I'm sure many other students have been in the same trouble, so why not leave a comment and tell me what you think?

The system is about half way through development... but I'd still love to hear some comments or suggestions about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment